Tuesday, November 15, 2011

This town is our town, it is so glamorous

Points to the people who know that song and regularly rock out to that group.

But TALK about glamorous towns! You know by now I grew up in small town Connecticut. So basically there was a town green, a white church, random historical sites that no one ever visits, about seven Chinese restaurants, ten pizza places, and we now proudly boast a Starbucks. BIG TIME! Also, like Cheers, everybody knows your name... and not just your name but who you dated in high school and how you wrecked your first car.

It's the kind of town that has car shows on the green during the week and concerts on the green during summer weekends. It's the kind of town that was named "57th Best Town in America" by Money Magazine almost ten years ago and although has since been bumped entirely off the list celebrates a "57 Fest" every year. Complete with fire works.

So small town Connecticut, it's everything you ever imagined it to be.

We visit my parents pretty often, about every other week or so. It's only an hour and a half away and visiting means FREE BABYSITTERS so it's really an offer we cannot refuse. Plus, I'm really pretty fond of my parents and sisters.

We were planning on staying home for Kyle's days off this week but it's been a stressful couple of weeks and they offered to watch the girls so we could go out on a date. Amazing! Bask in our love for each other and eat good food and whatnot.

We got hear at about 4:30 and Madeleine was asking to go outside and play on the swings. My mom made a suggestion-

"Don't let Madeleine go outside by herself because there was a mountain lion spotted one street over."

WKHDH!LDSKLSK!KDJKJSJHS??!?!!KKJDSJKH?!

I AM NOT LETTING THIS KID OUT OF THE HOUSE WHILE THERE IS A MOUNTAIN LION ON THE LOOSE!

I mean, Madeleine would be an appetizer for the big kitty. Juliette, on the other hand, would either end up scaring it off for good or riding it like a pony. Either way I am not letting the kids out of the house. I know for a fact that they are absolutely delicious (or at least their cheeks are) so I am not taking any chances.

Anyway, the date was amazing and I love my husband and blah blah blah. Perfect evening.

But there is a MOUNTAIN LION loose on my parent's street!!!!!!!

Is that not amazingly exciting? Who ever said small towns had nothing going on?

3 comments:

  1. I just have to say that your blog cracks me up on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much! I really enjoy when people like my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and if you aren't an official follower or whatever it is you should totally become one!!!!

    ReplyDelete