Thursday, May 9, 2013

Moms are an intimidating audience

Today was Mother's Day at Madeleine's school which was absolutely fantastic. I've never had a Mother's Day before where my kid's actually realized it was a day (or 15 minutes) about ME! Let's just see how Sunday goes.

They performed a few songs and gave us some crafts that they had made. My darling daughter was absolutely terrified during the performance part but gosh darnit, if she didn't look adorable. Stage fright can apparently manifest in almost-four year olds. Who knew?

This weekend, my mom and I are going dutch treat on a dinner to celebrate us. I am very much looking forward to it.

Oh, and apparently I am STILL very allergic to incense. I tried to go to mass this morning and had to leave after less than a minute because I was coughing and dry heaving. Catholic fail. I'm hoping to talk to an allergist about it and ask my priest if they can invest in allergy free incense or at least have one incense free mass on holidays. This not getting time with Jesus thing is a real bummer.

My favorite is when people are like, "Just cover your mouth and nose with a hanky and you'll be fine." Yes, I've always found that the solution to not being able to breathe is to cover my mouth and nose. I mean, everyone is well meaning but that one cracks me up. Hey, apparently it does work for some people though. I, however, cannot sit in the back of the church, bring water, bring an inhaler, because they don't work. I went to a church that had used incense earlier that afternoon once and I was still feeling very, very ill.

But I don't want to complain. I absolutely love my parish and my priest is very kind and understanding. Not to mention, solidly Catholic, which is harder to find around these parts then one would think.

And finally, last night, Kyle and I had our first Creighton appointment since we were engaged and I learned SO MUCH! NFP IS AWESOME!

Okay... finally, finally... this is a quote from Juliette. I thought it was too cute not to share.

"Madeleine loves me because she is my big sister and I love her too!"

AWWWWWWWWW!

That's all for now! God bless!


1 comment:

  1. Name: BroadBase Media
    Your email address: affiliates@broadbasemedia.com
    Subject: Working together.

    Message:
    Hi,

    We manage the Affiliate Program for several websites that we think may be a great fit for you and your audience. These sites include www.ergobaby.com, www.orbitbaby.com and www.skyniceland.com. Please let us know if you would have some time to chat, or shoot us an email and we can discuss further.
    Thank you in advance

    Marc

    ReplyDelete