Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A playlist to get you through birth

Annnnnnd for all of you (like 200 page views a day people! I feel honored that that many people have any interest in what I have to say!) who aren't into mushy gushy feelings posts, this is my special super cool PLAYLIST OF SONGS TO GIVE BIRTH TO!!!

Ready?

When the contractions are particularly bad-

Head Will Roll by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs (for singing to your husband/doctor/in a fit of hormonal rage)
Off with your head... heads will roll, heads will roll!


Misery by Maroon 5
I am in misery
There ain't nobody who can comfort me, oh yeah

Stronger by Kanye West
N-n-now that that don't kill me can only make me stronger

Right before you get your epidural-

Rehab by Amy Winehouse
They tried to make me go to rehab but I said NO NO NO!

Right after you get your epidural-


I Can See Clearly Now by Jonny Nash
I think I can make it now, the pain is gone
All of the bad feelings have disappeared

Feeling Good by Nina Simone
It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

When It's Finally Time to PUSH-

Push it by Salt n Peppa
Ah, push it - push it good
Ah, push it - p-push it real good
Oooh, baby, baby
Baby, baby

Drop it like it's Hot by Snoop Dogg
Drop it like it's hot, drop it like it's hot

Closing Time by Semisonic
Closing time
Time for you to go out to the places you will be from
Closing time
This room won't be open till your brothers or your sisters come

Movin' Out (Anthony's Song) by Billy Joel
Mama, If that's movin' up then I'm movin' out.

Ring of Fire by Johny Cash
And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire
The ring of fire

And After the Baby Comes Out-


At last by Etta James
At last
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song

Oh yeah yeah, at last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you

And I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to press my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known

Oh yeah yeah, and you smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in Heaven
For you are mine at last


THE END!
Feel free to suggest your own songs so my playlist can be even better next time I have a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment