Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A little less boring update about the Behr Cave

So the past few days have been amazingly fun!

First of all, thank you to all of you who are reading my "mini series" about Kyle and I. I am so glad so many of you are enjoying it! I am overwhelmed by how many people have reached out to me to express how much they are enjoying it! Such a blessing!

Anyway, this week has been awesome so far and it will only get better! My little sister (who just celebrated her first anniversary!) flew into Boston yesterday and despite being exhausted from working without a single day off, my darling husband offered to watch the girls so we could have some sister time. It was so wonderful to be able to go out and talk and laugh and be adults together. I tried to explain to Madeleine that her Auntie Lauren is my little sister just like Juliette is her's and she seemed utterly amazed by it all.

While we were out getting groceries this morning (yes I make my sister run errands with me! My back hurts and she helped me lift stuff!) Kyle decided to take the girls to the park. He gathered them up and said, "Okay girls, we are going someplace special! Can you guess where?" Madeleine replied, "We are going SHOPPING!" Kyle said, "No. No we are not going shopping." Madeleine paused and then carefully offered, "Sometimes we go to Starbucks." Kyle said after that conversation he made a mental note to scold me for corrupting our children later.

We do go to Starbucks though! This is Hipster Madeleine.
This is Hipster Juliette.


At the park a little girl around the age of five ran up to Madeleine and excitedly asked her if she wanted to play. Kyle says Madeleine looked at her, and then at him, and then at her, and then at him, and then pointed to her and said, "LOOK DADDY A FRIEND!" and ran off after her. Juliette tried to chase them down but couldn't keep up, stopped in her tracks, and screamed pathetically, "MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!" Poor little baby!

Juliette is such a different person then her calm, quiet older sister. She walks around the house all day singing, "HAPPY BABY! HAPPY BABY!" While Madeleine is literally scared of ants, Juliette tries to ride dogs no matter the size. Juliette's first sentence was, "Happy baby pooped!" which she said while lying butt naked on the floor of the kitchen with her legs in the air, ready for a change. The kid lives for naked time. They are both so different but so amazingly sweet and wonderful and bring so much LIFE into my life.

We dropped Lauren off with my mom today and headed back for home. We were supposed to bring the super, cool birthday presents they had made for Auntie Lauren and Grandmom but we forgot them. However, I did remember to take pictures!

Green for Grandmom

Red for Auntie Lauren

Tomorrow my good friend from high school is coming up for a visit and my anniversary is Saturday! Great times to come and stay tuned for part four which will post at midnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment