Monday, April 18, 2011

My boy

I don't really understand what goes through the minds of husbands. Husbands, mine at least, seem to expect you to pull an answer to the most random of questions out of your butt at the drop of a hat.

For instance, tonight Kyle was trying to locate his suit jacket. The conversation went something like this

K- Where is my suit jacket?
S- I have no idea. Where did you see it last?
K- I have no idea! Where is it?
S- I just said I don't know
K- No but do you have any idea of where it is?
S- No.
K- Where is it. Can you give me an idea?
S- If I had any idea I would have told you. I can't give you an idea because I don't know


This went on for an hour until he finally located the jacket. Then the conversation went like this

K- Is there a place in Houston I can get my suit dry cleaned tomorrow when I get there?
S- I have no idea. Didn't you live there ALL YOUR LIFE.
K- Yes but I am a helpless male and I depend upon YOU to keep me organized and functioning and fed.

... okay. It didn't go exactly like that but you get the basic idea.

Don't get me wrong, I love taking care of my husband. It's sounds stupid but nothing makes me happier than making him happy. When he loves a meal I made for him, I am thrilled. I get pleasure out of how pleased he is when I organize his clothes. BUT HOW can he stand in front of the fridge and yell to me in the other room, "Where is the mayo?" I have no idea where the mayo is Kyle. Try looking around.

When people asked my mom if she was upset that she had given birth to four girls and no boys she used to respond. "Oh I got the boy first. That's how I got the girls." Now I understand. Sometimes have a husband is like having a 6 foot 2 child. He has no idea how to feed himself like my oldest and loves boobs like my youngest (albeit in a much different way).

So Kyle, if you are reading this. I love you. With all my heart. But the next time you can't find the mayo maybe just move the other condiments around before asking. It's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment