Sunday, April 17, 2011

The things I get excited about

So, I'm going to confess to something. I'm not a "Suzy Homemaker" type. I don't enjoy cleaning, I'm not into gardening, and the idea of doing CRAFTS sends me into major panic attacks. But there are things I really enjoy about being a stay at home mom and a home maker.

1. Fresh laundry
2. Cloth diapering
3. Making my own baby food
4. A freshly stocked fridge
5. Taking the kids out for fresh air or a day in Boston
6. Meeting other moms and talking all things baby
7. Killing a meal I've never made before
8. Dance parties
9. My minivan

These are all things that I get absurdly excited about. Some people may think, based on my list, that I live a boring life. But I don't. I am constantly thinking about how blessed I am, how amazing my life is. Not everyone would be ready for marriage at 21 but I was. Not everyone would be ready for kids at 23 but I was. Not everyone would be ready for another baby 17 months later but I was. I love my life and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

So forget that I can't sew and have no desire to try. And once again, I HATE CRAFTS. WITH A PASSION. I love my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything

No comments:

Post a Comment