Friday, October 21, 2011

One of those kind of days

There are some days that I spend with the girls that aren't all warm and fuzzy. I know! SHOCKER!

Juliette has been a little crank butt lately. She is going through a growth spurt and no matter how much food I give her she prefers to be nursing continuously. And while I could talk about all the awesome calories I am losing through my milk supply and how wonderful it is to nurse your baby, I'm going to say that these past couple of days have been difficult.

I know, I know, I should cherish these days when she is still a little baby and wants to be in my arms 24/7 but for the last three days Kyle has been gone, Madeleine has been bored, and my house looks like it was robbed.

And there are moments when I am positively giddy about the whole thing. I rub her little head and kiss her and enjoy the moment. But there are other moments that have been really hard. I'll be frustrated with having to hold her at all hours of the day and be her 24 hour dairy barn. And then she'll finally be okay with being put down and I'll see that FACE from across the room and all I want to do is drop what I am doing and run to her and scoop her up. And then just nibble on her a bit.

I think in any job there are days that seem tedious, when you are tired and sore and you just want to kick back without people crawling all over you (okay that last part may just be moms) but at least with my job my love makes it possible for me to overcome the "funk".

For the moment they are being entertained by a big purple dinosaur so I am taking a few moments to gather myself so I can be a patient mommy for them. They deserve my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment