Happy New Year Everyone!
I don't usually make New Year's Resolutions because I think ideally if you realize something about your life needs to change you will just do it right then, but I figured I'd examine what I want and try it out.
1. I without a doubt need to make more time for prayer. Having kids keeps me busy but I can't be a good mother without prayer so I can't use my kids as an excuse. I need to find a schedule of what prayers I say and when and stick to it, including some "free style" time, just me and the Big Guy!
2. I need to take some time to leave the house and the kids and do things for me. I am always home with the kids and NEVER leave them. I need to hit the gym more than once a month, go on dates with my hubby, get a pedicure, even just run to the store without them while Kyle is home. I need to trust other people to take care of my kids for me, get a chance to miss them.
3. I need to do more outside.
4. I need to suck it up and learn some crafts. Just because I hate crafts doesn't mean the kids should suffer.
5. I need to throw stuff away. Just go down to my basement and toss what I don't need, one box at a time. Who needs all that stuff anyway?
6. I need to reach out to more people. I tend to keep to a small group of friends that I trust (partly out of laziness, partly because I hate getting burned) but I've learned that closing myself off can be isolating and keeps me from wonderful relationships. I've recently reconnected with one good friend from college that I had been missing (Kristen L) and it has been so wonderful. I made a new friend in town (Ashley). I also connected with an amazing group of Catholic women (Catholics R Us) who have taught me so much and helped me through big and little bumps in the road. I've also tried harder to maintain the friendships that I had grown neglectful of. I can do more. I need people in my life if I want to grow.
7. I need to work on my cussing, especially on the road.
8. I could stand to cut down on the spending... and the starbucks..
9. I'd like to keep in better touch with my grandparents and my aunts and uncles.
This year I am going to just try to be the best I can be. Pray for me!