Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lots of rest for the not wicked

My mom came up Thursday and Friday nights to help me with the wee ones while I tried to recover from this whole "back injury" thing. By Friday night I was still in so much pain that I ended up in urgent care where they gave me some anti-inflamitories and told me that I needed to see a physical therapist ASAP.

We decided Saturday that since my mom had to head back to Connecticut and since I was still barely able to get off of the couch that she would take the girls with her for two nights. Although I've been away from Madeleine for that long before I had never left Juliette over night and was kind of freaking out internally. I knew it was best for me and best for them but I still didn't want to say goodbye.

We loaded them into the minivan and I went to each side to say bye. First I went to Madeleine and she gave me a huge hug and told me, "Now you go lie down and close your eyes." as if she was lecturing me on taking care of myself. Her little brow was even furrowed and her eyes were serious as she stared at me. And that was only the second cutest thing she did that day. Earlier she had put her princess crown on my head and smiled at me proclaiming, "You look perfect mommy. You are perfect mommy because you are MY mommy." She is an angel.

Then I went to Juliette's side of the car and rubbed her head and gave her kisses. She smiled at me and said, "BYE BYE DADDY!" really excitedly. You win some, you lose some.

Now I have been sitting here, alone, while Kyle has been working over time. It sounds great in theory. I mean, the first day I took a three hour nap, ate ice cream for dinner, watched TV, and then slept for 11 hours. However, I AM BORED. I miss my babies. And it stinks not being able to take advantage of this time by cleaning or cooking or shopping. It's just me and Jack Bauer and the gang at CTU trying to save Los Angeles... again.

I'm starting to do a little better. I've canceled all my appointments for next week and dominated round after round of Fruit Ninja. I'm taking it slowly and hopefully when the girls get back tomorrow I'll at least be able to sit in the playroom with them without pain.

God is good though. I'm glad I have a life I love and miss when I am not able to enjoy it. It would be sad if watching TV was better than my day to day. I miss those stinky, silly little girls but I'm glad they are having a blast at their grandparents. I can't wait to hear all about it when they get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment