Friday, August 12, 2011

7 Quick takes Friday- Volume One

Since this is my first "Seven Quick Takes" I figured I'd make the theme about me and things most people don't know about me.

1. I'm obsessed with shower products. I currently have 5 pairs of shampoo and conditioner, 3 body washes, 2 face scrubs, and a hydrating hair mask in my shower. And that doesn't include what Kyle and the girls use. I like to change it up and use different things and I pick what I use by which scent I feel in the mood for that day. It's weird, but I love shower products.

2. I've been in an ambulance twice. One time was after I hit a UPS truck with my car at the end of senior year of high school. The other time was at the end of my pregnancy with Juliette when I thought I was in labor at four in the morning and Kyle was at work and I was in way too much pain to drive. It turned out to be a gall bladder attack. Of course the one time I almost died, the ectopic pregnancy, I wouldn't let my husband call an ambulance and told him to drive me. Go figure.

3. I'm not a huge sugar person but I could probably live off of M&M minis. I'm not sure why I love them so much but I am absolutely obsessed. I'd usually rather have them over an other type of candy in the world.

4.
I'm not particularly great at holding down a job. Here is my record.
Remax Winner's Circle- four months until I was fired. That's a blog post in itself.
Stop and Shop- six months until I got bored and quit after they kicked me off the registers because I talked too much and ruined check out times and then kicked me out of the bakery for eating the frosting and stuck me on bagging the groceries duty so I probably wouldn't have last much longer anyway
Dunkin Donuts- two months until I left for college but they had relegated me to the back room on dish duty so I wasn't long for that world anyway
Daycare center who's name I have forgotten- one summer and then I went back to college but I was actually good at the job! Hooray!
Quality Care Daycare Center- One summer and then I got an internship, then took summer classes, and then got married but I was good at this job too so they gave me a lot of reference letters
Jasmine's Coffee House at Franciscan- got hired and never actually started working. I'm pretty sure I left to go get my ID for tax purposes and just never came back
St Luke's Methodist Preschool- 4 months until I got mono and was forced out. I was super pissed.
Ann Taylor- Four months until we moved to Massachusetts. It was a terrible job for me anyway because I just spent all the money I earned.
Youth Minister at Saint Peter's parish- One and a half years. Longest job by far! Go me! I would have stayed longer but the parish went broke and had to cut my job. But that meant..

STAY AT HOME MOMMY-
You kids are stuck with me. MWHAHAHAHAHA

4. My foot is crooked. My right foot turns slightly outward when I walk. I am convinced that this is why I cannot wear heels.

5. When I eat I cannot bite with my front teeth. It weirds me out. I chew everything on the side.

6. I had a mole removed on my right leg when I was about ten years old. They knocked me out and for it I got a big scar, a stuffed pink pig, and my mom took me out for the Italian food that I demanded in my delirious post op state. I may not remember much of the journey home but I do remember my mom joking that every time she went to the hospital she went home with a little pink pig too. Thanks a lot MOM.

7. I invented a drink that I am now going to go partake in. It's called "Mommy's Night In" and it's made up of equal parts orange juice and pineapple juice, a shot of tequila, a shot of vodka, and peach schnapps and blue curacao to taste.

And now, off for the drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment