Friday, December 2, 2011

My man and my mocha

Geeze having sick kids is the worst! And being sick with sick kids makes it even harder. That is why I am thankful for Kyle. Yes, he has helped with the dishes and the laundry while we are all down for the count (in fact he usually does the dishes because the OCD in him hates how I load the dishwasher) but he has also gotten me Starbucks every single day I have been sick.

Why is that a big deal for me? We normally only get Starbucks on Sundays and birthdays because it's expensive and we are p-o-o-r but this week he has obliged my cravings. Why? It makes me feel better, it gives me a little bit of energy to care for the kids. Honestly, I'm not sure why it works but mochas are pure magic.

I am just so thankful to have a husband who goes out of his way to take care of me. His love really gives me the strength to be the mother I need to be to my babies. I guess it isn't really the mocha, it's that he cares enough to do what it takes to make me happy. It's that he thinks of the little things that I like.

I've been sick a lot since we got married and every single time he has honored our vows of "in sickness and in health". I couldn't be more grateful to have married someone who loves my in the tougher days and in the little ways. He always tells me what an amazing mother he thinks I am but I wouldn't be able to do it without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment