Monday, April 16, 2012

Po-po shut us down

Well I am happy to report that for the first time in many, many months the Behr clan went to mass and didn't have to leave the pew for any disciplinary issues at all! Of course Juliette kept climbing onto the pew at the beginning of mass to say, "HI! HI! HI!" to the nice family behind us and then she later fell and hit her head on the pew in front of us and started screaming. So I mean, we did have to go to the back of the Church but that was only because the kid tripped and it was over within a couple of minutes.

Madeleine spent half the time paying attention and half the time looking at pictures on my IPhone... so I would call that a victory! I had bribed her with ice cream and a Barney episode if she behaved so, of course, the second we left she grabbed my arm and said, "Mommy! Madeleine was a good girl at church so I want ice cream and Barney and a BIG HUG from my mommy." I just had to scoop her up and tell her how proud I was of her and what a good example she had been to her sister.

We live barely a half mile from the church so on warm and sunny days we get to walk to mass. I feel like that may have helped calm them down before mass started. But who really knows. It cold have been the nyquil I slipped them...


Anywho, today we went to visit Kyle at the airport while he was working. The girls got all dressed up and we piled into the minivan. As I was driving I remembered the last time I had decided to randomly visit him at work and got a speeding ticket in the Big Dig. I reminded myself to be extra careful and we made it there with no incidence.

Kyle showed off his little ladies, we all had lunch, and then corralled the kiddos back to the car. As we pulled up to the first set of tolls, barely out of the airport, a policeman signaled to Kyle to pull over.

As it turns out that 15 mph speed limit is not just for driving through the tolls. APPARENTLY you are supposed to drive that as you approach the tolls as well. We've lived in this state four years and had no idea. The officer asked for our liecense and registration and as it turned out, our registration had expired days before. As had our inspection sticker. They were about to tow our car and leave us stranded on the side of the Mass Pike when the officer took pity on us and told us he would look the other way so we could leave with our now screaming children (and panicking husband) as long as we promised to get it taken care of tomorrow. So, you know what I will be up to as soon as my feet hit the floor in the morning.

But thank God that officer decided to show us mercy because I have no idea what we would have done.

As it turns out I am great at keeping a budget, paying bills, cleaning a house, feeding a family... and not so great at remembering that my car is not up-to-date.

Lesson learned.

Later this week the mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and soon-to-be-brother-in-law will be landing in The Hub for a week of fun (and even a red sox vs YANKEES game... we will be wearing navy as any winner would do). Hopefully I'll have some good pictures from the week but these are from our day as outlaws.

Madeleine got some new jammies from Grandmommy. She is convinced they are her "dentist clothes".
Juliette rocking daddy's Astros's hat. Gotta throw the old man a bone.

I have to admit, she is working it!
Per their usual, holding hands as the walk through the airport like best friends.
Juliette decided it would be a great idea to give kisses to the belt window.

I am obsessed with that face.

This is what a life of running from the law will do to young kids. They were exhausted after such a long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment