Thursday, April 19, 2012

Leave the gun, take the cannoli

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really always get so excited to be an American whenever I visit the city of Boston because it is steeped in history. As my sister-in-law's fiancee put it, "This is where SHIT STARTED!" My ancestors came there in the early 1600s and remained there until they were kicked out with Anne Hutchinson and eventually settled on Long Island.


My husband is Texan and apparently they don't spend nearly as much time learning about the American Revolution as we do in the great Northeast, which I feel is a real shame. The reason Texans think they are better than the rest of the country is because they just don't know how kick-butt New England-ers really are.

Also, my hubby and I may be a wee bit competitive about our home states.

Anyway, my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and soon-to-be-brother-in-law all took a vacation to Boston this week so we drove out to see them yesterday. We just got home this evening and are going back out for the red sox vs. YANKEES game on Saturday. Pure awesomeness. I'm so excited.

It has been a great visit full of food, ducklings, and historical tours given my encyclopedia/tour guide-wanna-be hubby.

I'm too tired to write a lot tonight so I'll save that for tomorrow and just post some pictures.

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Flat screen and a fireplace... the hotel my in-laws were staying in was HOOKED. UP.

Yup, that's my little monkey climbing the couch to see the view out the window.

Such an amazing view! Love this city!

More view.

Madeleine modeling the big girl "pack pack" her Aunt Lainey gave her.

HOW DID SHE GET TO BE SO BIG?!?!

It says "homeslice"... teehee

Rocking the double stroller.
 
It was almost a good daddy/daughter photo opp

 
And now about four pictures of my girls looking at flowers...


And two...

And three...

 
And four...

And now a whole bunch of pictures of the Boston Common from the swan boats.

She loved the boats and the ducks
My baby and I on the duck boat tours. I didn't take any photos because I was afraid of losing my IPhone out the window.
This is the site of Anne Hutchinson's old house so it's definitely where my relatives partied... insofar as Puritans had parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment