Sunday, April 8, 2012

Twas the vigil of Easter

Twas the vigil of Easter and all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even my spouse
The baskets were placed on the table with care
In hopes that in the morning there'd be candy to share
The children were nestled, all snug in their room
And I was hitting the floor with the broom
The dishes were washed, the laundry was running
Because in the morning the family was coming
When through the monitor I heard such a clatter
I ran into the room to see what was the matter
Away to the nursery I flew like a flash
Knocked over the high chair which fell with a crash
When what to my heavy lidded eyes should appear
But a toddler standing, her eyes filled with tears
Her little sister was still out like a light
So I picked her up quickly and held her real tight
I tucked her in next to daddy, who gave a loud snore
Kissed them both on the head and tip toed to the door
I was dressed in old sweats with my messy blond hair
And a snuggie that hid any figure under there.
I looked at my reflection and gave a great sigh
I had only managed to put mascara on one eye
But it still didn't matter what I had on
My husband and kids thought I was a beautiful mom
So I turned on my heel and went straight to my work
I filled up the baskets and ate a yogurt
And as I sat down and looked back on the day
I reflected on the beauty and started to pray
Thank you Lord living and for giving me life
Thank you Lord for Your Church that is filled with Your light
Thank you for dying for us, for bearing my sin
Thank you for your resurrection, opening heaven.
There were so many things that no words could make due
So I closed my eyes and just tried to love You.
Soon I got up for bed and I turned out the light
The tomb is empty! He is risen! Alleluia! Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment