Saturday, May 5, 2012

Nestling In & Adopting Love- GO THERE!!!!

I haven't posted in a while. Mostly because I think my brain has spring cleaned any ounce of creativity I have out of my head in the last couple of weeks. That or the lack of sleep I  have been getting from my teething toddler is finally starting to catch up with me.

Today we leaned a new game. Rather Madeleine found a frisbee and kept bringing it up to me saying, "Throw it please, puppy dog." It kept her entertained for a good half hour so I went along with it. It was almost as awesome I laid on my bed for an hour and convinced my kids I was playing hide and seek. They would go to the other room, count, find me under the covers, and then leave again. One. Whole. Hour. I felt like an evil genius for inventing that one. But really is there anything better than playing fetch with your almost three year old while the one year old tries to sweep the floor. If it was a year ago I would describe it all be simply saying "WINNING!"

And today I went to confession and it was amazing. Blessed, blessed, blessed by the MERCY of God! (Seriously, confession blows my mind every time.)

Mother's Day is coming up next week, and my husband and daughters ordered my gift from Nestling In & Adopting Love fundraising boutique. A friend of mine from college, Alison (who is basically an itty bitty ray of sunshine for all who know her) and her beautiful family are planning to adopt a little girl with Spina Bifida. I could write a little about her story here but nothing will do it more justice than just referring you to her blog. After reading her words you will have no doubt about how adandoned they are to God's will and just how much love they have to give.

Of course, adoptions are expensive and therefore they have set up this boutique in order to raise money to bring home their little girl. The necklaces are beautiful. Mine came in the mail today and while my husband had planned on waiting to give it to me until Mother's Day, Madeleine insisted on giving it to me RIGHT. NOW.

I know the picture doesn't do the necklace justice, and please excuse my daughter's strange faces and the fact that I haven't brushed my hair in about a week. It's beautiful and for a beautiful cause. Plus, Mother's Day. I mean, perfect timing, right?

So, little audience of 37 or so, I just wanted to let you know. If you can't afford to donate, please keep them in your prayers.

Pax Christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment